CompTIA® PenTest+® (Exam PT0-001) is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because it requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers. The course provides the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.
Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings. They will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
- WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks and familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS® X, Unix, or Linux, and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring a foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roPREREQUISITES
Students should have CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications, or have equivalent knowledge / experience. Recommend minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. PenTest+ has a technical, hands-on focus and is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience.
- WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
- Gather information to prepare for exploitation
- Perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results
- Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Summarize physical security attacks
- Perform post-exploitation techniques
- Conduct information gathering with various tools and perform analysis on their output
- Analyze basic scripts in Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell
- Utilize report writing and handling best practices
- Explain recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
Student will receive a refund of paid registration fees only if G-MAN CYBER SECURITY Training Center receives a notice of cancellation at least 10 business days prior to the class start date for classes or the exam date for exams. After 10 days company credits for future training will be issues.